Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wicked

Matt and I had the opportunity to go see Wicked last Friday night. We bought our tickets last summer, got caught up in the holidays, new baby, etc. So it was a pleasant surprise to be able to have a night out and enjoy something grand as this.

I loved every minute of it, I hardly blinked. The scenery was amazing, I especially loved the Emerald City, how green it all was. I can't say enough about the music. I had chills at the end of "Defying Gravity" when Elphaba is singing. Matt loved it as well.

I am not much of a theater person, but this musical and Les Miserables (which we saw back in July 2005) are some of the best entertainment I have ever enjoyed. Maybe sometime in the near future, we will catch another one.

1 comment:

Melanie Hoopes said...

I'm so jealous - I want to see that one! But with a young one - you guys definately deserved a good night out.