Saturday, October 29, 2011

Signs of Fall

What? It's almost the end of October and I haven't blogged once this month. I am embarrassed and not totally surprised. I am too tired at the end of the day to blog. But this is truly one of my favorite months of the year and lots of exciting things have happened! Signs of fall are all around us, but one definitely isn't the weather! It has been so nice! We haven't had any rain yet, maybe one storm back in September. We grew a pumpkin in our garden this year. And no, that isn't a grammar mistake, pumpkin was all we got....one! But she is a beauty and the kids loved the day we picked her and she has sat on our front porch in all her glory since! Good job, guys! Side note, why am I referring to our pumpkin as a female? LOL
I barely got to the end of September and I couldn't stand it, I had to get the decorations up! Halloween is so fun to decorate for :) I particularly loved our bats again. They settled in a new location this year...above our hearth.
Reagan has started out growing some of her church dresses, so I picked her up one of the fancy schmancy ones at Costco. I eye these puppies every year and this is the first time I have caved. No regrets, though, she loves it and it looks beautiful on her. And isn't Nolan just the most handsome gentleboy ever?
I watched a friends 2 month old baby and Reagan loved having him. I was blatantly reminded how much work newborn babies are. When they want something, I cannot tell them to hold on a minute, wait till I am done. Or go play a few more minutes...or whatever. They require LOTS of attention and work. I am spoiled with my stage of life right now, I guess :)
With fall in our house, also comes lots of football and lots of fun tv shows. I have been a little lazy with my shows, I mostly tune into my NBC Thursday nights. I gave up on Vampire Diaries, Survivor. But I am loving Parks and Rec and The Office. Robert California is funny in a creepy sort of way, am I right? I LOVED the Halloween episode, I will probably re-watch that one again before the big day. Cheers!

No comments: