Tuesday, May 01, 2007

AI

Hey, yo, dawg, that was hawt! Okay, only kidding, but seriously American Idol tonight totally BLEW me away! Wow! I am listening to Bon Jovi as I type this. Bon Jovi's Crossroads was my very first CD I ever owned and has always been one of my absolute favorites. I think they are everything rock music should be. If you want a good cd to listen to, I highly suggest that one. Anyways, as you can probably tell Jon Bon Jovi was the guest artist and most sang his songs. Some were surprisingly bad, but most everyone was seriously on fiyah!

Phil-I still am liking him. He sang my all-time favorite Bon Jovi song, Blaze of Glory, and he really did well. He wins the award for Most Improved, in my book. I don't know if he will stay past next week, but I think he really has talent. Plus I have a bald brother, so I am partial to bald men. ;)

Jordin-she really was not on tonight. She knew it, too. Those first low notes she sang really set the tone for the whole song. And not that it matters, but her hair was outta control. However she need not worry, since she has probably the largest fan base in the competition and there is no way she is going home.

LaKisha-I really thought this week would be her last week to perform, but now I don't know. She really did well and redeemed herself from the last few weeks of let downs. She sang a song I didn't even know, but she 'sold the song' as they say. Simon kissed her too...on the lips...HEY NOW! I am sure Ryan was jealous ;) And again, not that it matters, but her hair looked fantastic! She really did awesome and I think she will stay.

Blake-LOVED HIM! He is the biggest risk taker and he manages to completely pull it off. He sang You Give Love a Bad Name--another goody by Bon Jovi. He added his beat boxing and his own rendition to the song. In fact, it was so awesome, I may need to pull it off youtube to post for those who want to see his cool performance. And seriously, what is this--hair night?? His hair didn't impress me; he looked 12 years old. He needs to go back to the blonde. But either way...he rocked the house and in my prediction, will be this seasons Chris Daughtry and sell more albums than other contestants, despite where he places. He has mega talent.

Chris-the judges gave him rather good reviews, but I didn't like it. Wanted Dead or Alive is probably my 2nd fav from BJ and I thought he didn't 'sell the song.' He made it sound pretty and soulful and that is not how that song is! It is edgy and a little rough, IMO. He has a great voice, but I think this was his last week :(

Melinda-Matt and I both sat back and said "wow" after her performance. She really did well, especially considering she isn't a rock singer and doesn't know any rock songs. She kinda played on that, as she usually does, but its okay. She did amazing. Again, don't know the song (one of BJ's newer ones) but it was great. She will be in the final. And might be the next Idol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never said "wow"

Anonymous said...

but you thought it