Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A few of my favorite things

I have a few favorite things lately:

Fischer Price Little People. Reagan loves this brand. It all started with her dollhouse, then grew to the vehicle. I was in Target today and as usual, she was clamoring to get out of the cart and making it hard to shop. I swung by the toy aisle, grabbed some Fischer Price toys, still packaged, and she happily played with them for the rest of the shopping trip.

Disney Channel. Way back when I was really young, my BFF's and I were obsessed with Backstreet Boys (I'm talking REALLY young...like 18-19). Since this is the channel most young adults watch, I got hooked. Actually, there was a BSB concert that would air often, so I constantly watched for it. Then I got hooked on the Disney Channel Original Movies (ever seen Moto-crossed?) Now I turn it on in the mornings and I tune into Baby Einstein. Reagan tunes in occasionally as well. I love to watch Quincy, Annie and the gang make their way in Rocket as I am doing my ab crunches and squats.

Macy's Hotel Collection bath towels. Matt and I got hooked when we stayed in San Diego at Jenn's house. She had these towels and it was love at first sight...or rather, first shower. I had to spurge and get them. We did, then we got Mom Rasmussen hooked on them as well. Our collection now includes four towels: two hunter green and two cream. If you really want to feel warm and cozy after a shower, come stay at our house.

Frozen cookies. Back in high school, we used to hang out at a friends house whose mom would bake cookies and keep them in the freezer in a tupperware container. I would eat like 5 at a time. I haven't had them since, but a little while ago I made some chocolate chip cookies and didn't want to eat them all in once sitting, so I froze a batch. There is nothing that tastes better than a chewy frozen chocolate chip cookie. Also good frozen: red seedless grapes.

Asics shoes. I am not sure if I am even spelling this right or not. I love these shoes. I have done allright with Nike and Adidas, battled New Balance like a nightmare, and finally, last Christmas, I got my first pair of Asics running shoes. These are great and my knees feel great whether it is a jog, a walk, taebo, whatever the workout, these are the best shoes ever. I will never go elsewhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think its spelled oasics maybe? that was a brand our soccer team in cali used

ps this is loni

Lori said...

Who's mom was that, that froze the cookies?

Nathan said...

Those are great shoes. My dad used to run lots of marathons and crap like that. He owned a lot of Ascics (?) but his philosophy is that you are loyal to the shoe that fits right, whether it's Nike or from Payless. Hopefully you won't bring it up in a conversation with him, should you meet him, or you'll get a long lecture about it!

Lacy said...

Lori, it was our fluffy friend!!

Loni, I actually spelled it right, I think.

Sage, I agree. I know those loyal to New Balance for life, yet those shoes gave me knee problems for a long time.