Monday, July 23, 2007

Long Drive Competition


A crazy thing happened last week. I don’t go golfing very much but Lacy and I headed out to the driving range a few days ago. I was hitting the balls pretty well and noticed an older guy kind of watching me. It scared me a bit being that we live in the bay area so I offered Lacy some tips and then gave her a smack on the butt before going back to hit my balls. After hitting the driver well a few times I switched to my wedge to see how high I could get it. Out of nowhere the old guy came over and asked if I would hit two more drives and then he’d leave us alone. I quickly obliged. He then informed me that he worked for top flite and that his golfer had just torn up his wrist and wouldn’t be able to compete for him in a long drive competition in the bay area. He asked if I’d be able to step in as a replacement. The best part is that he’s paying me to do it, $1,500 for the competition and up to $25k if I win it. I guess playing golf on the Nintendo Wii at work has finally paid off.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Unbelievable! While having the obligatory amount of happiness required by being your brother, it's frustrating to know that not only am I better than you at golf and can hit it further, but I need the money more too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was so blown away by the offer. Who does that happen to just out hitting golf balls. Maybe you better take Lacy with you more often!