Thursday, September 20, 2007
Seriously...why?
There is a sincere attraction about Matt's 1994 Geo Prism. In the almost 5 years we have been married, it has had its windows broken on two occasions in order to retrieve the cd player. Honestly, don't most cars these days come with a built in cd player? Sheesh. The first time were living in a apartment complex in Provo and made the silly mistake of parking in the underground lot. The 15 year old juvenile delinquent didn't get very far with our cd player and his other stolen goods because an ROTC guy tackled him and dragged him back up to his apartment and called the cops. Thank goodness for ROTC early morning hours. We weren't so lucky this time; whoever did it made off with our cd player. We were actually more upset about having to pay for the broken window than anything.
On a much happier note, Matt had a great b-day yesterday (I think) and we sort of celebrated the previous weekend during the baby-sitting swap. We visited one of California's best culinary institutions, In-N-Out, for dinner, then headed over to play miniature golf and hit in the batting cages. Matt and I are on a batting cage kick lately. We have gone 3 times in the last month and a half. That is probably a good thing because Matt is playing on a softball team for the city starting soon. This was a really cool cage. Worth the 25 minute drive!

I dressed Reagan in a cute new shirt for her dad's big day. She looked so adorable. I think she even knew how cute she looked because she spent most of the day strutting her stuff and even kept her hair bow in most of the day! She wouldn't look at the camera here because she was so busy staring at the birthday balloons!
Matt loves chinese food, especially PF Changs and Panda Express. My gastrointestinal tract and chinese food don't really get along that well, so while Matt ate his chinese, Reagan and I had Carl's Jr. I don't eat there anymore since metabolism slows with age and I cannot afford the calories, but I REALLY dig the Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Once, for like my 15th or 16th b-day, my brother Lance took me to Carl's Jr. to see how many of those burgers I could eat. I got in two; he ate three. It was a fun experience.
Do you like seafood?
Reagan is turning into more of a cuddle bunny. It doesn't take much for her to run up to me and give me a hug or to want to sit in my lap just for the sake of closeness. I am really liking it because as a new baby, she really wasn't like that. Before her naps and before bed, she sits in my lap and cuddles me while Matt and I watch Wheel of Fortune. Sometimes she cuddles dad, too. It has become one of my favorite times of the day...which probably somehow coincides with the fact that she is heading to bed around that time :)
I sincerely tried to make Matt a cool birthday cake and it sort-of looked like the intended basketball. I don't write really well with frosting, so the inscription was very abbreviated: HBM, which stands for Happy Birthday Matt. Its okay that it wasn't Food Network Challenge material; Matt like the gesture anyways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love that you get fast food and arrange it on your plate like normal dinner, I am the type who has my food wolfed before we make it back to the house. HBM!! good work on the cake.
Sorry about the car! We have a 96 geo prism... but no thefts. maybe because ours looks so beat up and crappy.
Oh no! I'm so sorry about your car! That stinks so bad! Happy Birthday to Matt, anyway. (I like the post on the Edwards blog about it's okay if Matt has read only 4 books.) :)
Post a Comment