The biggest and baddest bash of the year took place over Labor Day weekend. The Roundy reunion was held over the 3 days and some wild and crazy times were had by all. We spent Saturday up at Pineview Reservoir in Ogden Canyon. Mom and Dad rented a couple of waverunners, got up there bright and early to catch a good spot on the beach and we were good to go. The weather was perfect and the water was choppy, allowing for some serious turns and dives in the water. Here is a photo of Loren and Kelly getting ready to head out on a waverunner.

Landen and his little gal Emma. He actually didn't take her out on a waverunner, since she isn't even a year yet, but he did enjoy sitting on it with her and pretending.

I thought this was a photo of Lance and KT, but there is a glare on the head of the driver, making me think it just may be Loren. Hmmm... not sure. I didn't get too many photos of the waverunners because half the time my camera was up at the picnic site. The beach and picnic site were just yards away from each other, but the angle between them was seriously steep. For the rest of the Roundy bash, our bums hurt hard core from walking up and down that steep beach.

This is Loren getting ready with his oldest daughter and first Roundy grandchild, Alyssa. It was funny to get all the reactions from the grandkids as they went out in the water. Easton, age 6, would not let anyone go over 5 MPH. Autumn, his younger 4 year old sister, accused Matt of not driving fast enough over the bumps. It is achingly funny to see how all the personalities differ.

Grandpa Roundy took all the "older" grandkids out on a fishing raft. This thing turned out as fun as the jet skis. It came complete with oars and all. Can you tell my dad likes to fish?

Easton, aka Cap'n Jack Sparrow, rows along as Matt wades out with Reagan. I really didn't get in the water at all. There are fish in it and I HATE fish! Plus, my dad warned me of a certain type of fish that lives in this reservoir and has a mouth huge enough to swallow my foot. Oh yeah, and it likes to bite. So, yeah, I didn't quite make it in the water, except to get on the waverunner.

Reagan sported her now famous Einstein look, which is a result of sunscreen in her hair. Here, Alyssa plays with her in the sand.

I don't have too many photos of Roland, my newest brother in law, so here he is.

Reagan is amused by someone here, I think it is Grandma Roundy.

Reagan and Emma enjoy the sun, sand and waves. Not pictured is Eli, who pretty much completes the trio. All three grandkids were born within 4 months of each other last year. I gave Emma a sporty look as well, using sunscreen in her hair. It is hard to spot it, but it is a mohawk, kind of like the one Anjelina Jolie gave her kids at one time.

My sister Lindsey. Easton is looking on in the background.

Matt playing in the sand. Can you see the steepness of the hill behind him? We walked up and down that all day. My gluteus maximus has never had such a workout before.

Reagan tried to eat the sand. She has a nice goatee from it.

My other sister Loni, relaxing in the shade and daydreaming about her boyfriend(s).

Here is Loren with one of the biggest highlights of the day. He will probably kill me for posting this on the blog, but his son Max pooped in the water. Loren was totally disgusted. Those of you who know him well know that he is a germaphobe and cleanfreak. Really, that is exactly what he says on
his blog. It turned out fine. Kelly sucked it up and cleaned up Max's mess, but not before we laughed at the closely hugging, TMI couple making out in the water right next to where Max pooped. I think Loni has photos of Max in the water after his mess, she will probably eventually put them up on
her blog.

We were all exhausted by the end of the day at Pineview. The sun and wind from waverunning wiped all of us out. That night I came down with a 24 hour flu bug that kept me bowing down to the porcelain princess all night and into the next day. It was horrible. It got passed around the family, one by one, all week. Our last day in Utah, Matt had it and I think Reagan even had it a little bit. On Sunday, we had a progressive dinner where the family showed off their cooking prowess. I was unable to really enjoy much of the food because of how my stomach felt, but everyone else enjoyed a yummy appetizer-chips and 7 layer dip-at Landen and Cait's. Next was a salad at Lindsey and Rolands, where Dad raided their fridge for more food and ended up eating all the rest of Lindsey's muddy buddies and twinkies. Ouch. Next stop was Mom and Dad's, where Loren made a delicious chicken cordon bleu in the crockpot and his homemade sourdough garlic bread. I actually was able to eat a tiny bit of this because I was feeling somewhat better by this point. We relaxed, played some kickin' volleyball at Gailey Park, then ended the night with dessert at Lance and KT's with peanut butter bars and devils food cake. I don't have any photos of this day. I was feeling too sick to take any.
The next morning, I felt better. And I was so lucky I did, because Mom and Dad made a killer breakfast out on the back porch. It consisted of apple wheat pancakes, crisp bacon and sausage, egg/hashbrown quiche, and OJ. Yum. We ate up.

Lance is enjoying his plate of food.

Some of the gang.

Matt and I are sporting out Roundy Reunion 2007 shirts that Mom and Dad had embroidered. Even Reagan got one.

A good time was had by all. A big thanks goes out to Mom and Dad for planning pretty much all of it and we are definitely looking forward to 2008 reunion!!
No comments:
Post a Comment