Sunday, April 13, 2008

Muir Beach

Matt and I discovered this little treasure in November of 2004, 26 days after we moved to the Bay Area. It was the day after Thanksgiving and we were heading to Stintson Beach and saw this one on the way. At first we thought it was Stintson, but soon discovered it wasn't. We hiked up the little hill and took some photos. I dug them out of our archives, so here they are. I look kind of silly in the second one, but the background is breathtaking.
We have gone back a few times since, mostly to lay out and stuff. The water is cold, but that has never stopped Matt...and now, Reagan. This weekend has been one of the most anticipated of the year, with temps being predicted to be in the high 80's. We thought we were so smart and would head to the beach. Half of San Fran had the same idea, though. But it did not take away from the fun. We had a great time and we had to carry Reagan out, crying. She did not want to leave. I had to reassure her that "we are going home to play with Adelaide." That, and tangerines on the car ride home, seemed to make her happy.

We got our new camera and I was so anxious to use it that I took a million photos. I can never decide which ones to post, so I just do a ton.

I love Reagan's new bathing suit. The green really makes her hair color stand out.
There were some people near the water where Matt and Reagan were that just loved watching her. They would smile at us when she ran because she just looks so darn cute, with her chubby legs and cheeks, and that determined expression.
Matt got this photo. HA! I love it!

She couldn't understand why all the sand was sticking to her. She cannot stand when things get stuck to her, so she kept asking me to brush it off. Of course, I couldn't get every granule and she noticed each one, so she kept shoving her hand back at me. Matt would take her down to the water to wash them off, but as soon as they were back up, the sand was stuck again. Welcome to the beach, my dear Reagan! You'll be digging sand out of your ears and nose for the next week.




We were definitely spoiled, but this last week we had so much sun that I am actually anxious for the 20 degree drop. Nothing too bad, just mid-60's (my family would be pulling out their shorts in that), but my face felt almost blistered after the many trips to the park and then Muir Beach.

Oh, by the way, The Office!!??? Jan really is the devil, isn't she?

And Michael John's shouldn't have gone home. Not yet, at least.

6 comments:

jeanine said...

I love all the pictures of Reagan! She's got quite the personality!

Oh and the office... just wanted to kill Jan. She is all sorts of crazy.

Terra said...

What great pictures! I have to admit, I am SOOOOO jealous of how close you live to the beach. You guys (especially Reagan) will always treasure those times playing in the sand and chasing waves together.

Jeff said...

Im gonna be honest, Matt might have lost a lot of weight, good work! Im gonna have to start running again so you don't get ahead of me.

Laura said...

Regs- You look super cute in your new swimming suit. Sorry you had to leave the beach before you wanted to! Adelaide sure had fun playing with you that night. Your parents must have worked some magic that night - they told me she ate all her dinner AND she slept in on Sunday morning! Your parents are miracle workers!

Ashlee said...

Oh my gosh, your little girl is THE CUTEST THING EVER!!! She is so adorable! Love that little girl! It sounds like her little personality is shining through. I can't believe she was younger than Kennedy when we started watching her. Where did the time go??

Anonymous said...

I love Reagan's suit. She is such a cutie! What a fu day at the beach. Great to catch up with your blog and glad to see that you guys are doing well!