We bought the City Pass, which is a great deal if your doing some sight-seeing, and did the Circle Line Tour. The ferry takes you down the Hudson River, around the tip of Manhattan and up the East River. We saw the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, New Jersey (which I had no idea was so close to New York!), and all the neighborhoods and buildings that are in Manhattan.

I couldn't believe how many bridges there were. I thought there were a ton in San Francisco. Here is Matt in front of the Brookyn Bridge. I am glad that we did this ferry tour because with budgeting our time, we weren't able to make it out to see the Brooklyn Bridge or walk across it and also didn't do the Staten Island Ferry ot ferry to Statue of Liberty.

Southern tip of Manhattan.

Empire State Building! We went up to the 86th floor on our last day here, which was a great choice since it was a beautiful, sunny day and we had amazing views.

30 Rock, heck yah baby! We spend some time in Rockefeller Center and saw the Radio City Music Hall. It wasn't that great, I imagine it is much cooler in the winter with the ice skating rink and big tree and all.

Blasted, horrible photo of me, but the FRRRROOOOZEN hot chocolate at Serendipity wasn't the overrated thing I thought it would be. Since you have to spend $8.50 per person to eat there, we ended up getting a sandwich, too. Frommers said their food was average, but we really liked the sandwich! It was a smoked turkey and asparagus with Russian dressing. But the best part was the hot chocolate by far. Also, there is this candy store around the corner called Dylan's and it has cool candy which is way overpriced. We really didn't feel like paying 15 dollars for a piece of chocolate shaped like a high heel shoe, but it was a neat store to browse through anyways.

Times Square was the other part of New York that everyone said was overrated, but Matt and I have to strongly disagree on that one. We LOVED Times Square and most of our evenings were spent walking around here, looking in the stores and stuff. Matt loved ESPNZone and we just had to go into the Toys R Us that has a 3 level ferris wheel. Reagan would have been in heaven!

A few fun facts about our trip out here:
*The subway was the best. We rode it everywhere and still walked till our feet were sore. We bought the 7 day pass and the trains come very frequently, unlike the non-rush hour BART trains out here.
*I learned early on that you do not make eye contact with people on the subway. They will stare you down.
*The City Pass is where its at. We saved so much money doing that, but the best part was avoiding the lines. We walked right past the 30 minute line at Empire State Building, as well as the Guggenheim Museum. Totally worth it.
1 comment:
Finally! I'm glad you guys had so much fun and got to do so much. You made me excited for my trip out there!
Post a Comment