Sunday, May 18, 2008

Temperatures

Temperatures were over 100 for a few days this past week. I knew it was bad when our AC kicked on about 7AM in the morning and didn't shut off once until about 2AM (our thermostat is set at 75)! On Thursday at 7AM, I went running and about had a heat stroke. Not really, but it was about the hottest I could remember. Our walk on Friday morning was also on the too-warm side, at 7AM. On Saturday morning, I went on a pre-camp hike with the Young Women in the stake and about the coolest spot we hit was Twin Peaks. So yeah, it has been hot...

We went to this park twice last week. It has some water to play in, like sprinklers. Reagan associates this park with sugar because both times we got an Icee and the last time we got an ice cream sandwich. Reagan and Addie.
This was Reagan feeling tentative about the water. Following tradition, she became brave the last 3o minutes and boldly ran through the water, but it did take some coaxing.
On the Saturday before Mothers Day, we took Reagan to Pixieland in Concord and also the duck pond behind it. These ducks are slightly nicer and more polite than the ones at Newhall.
Reagan goofing with dad. Turtle sunbathing on the rocks.
Reagan and Matt rode the teacups. Reagan illegally stood up for some, but when it started going faster, she sat down pretty quickly.
Waiting for the train!!
Choo-choo!
Reagan's favorite part of the park: the cars. She loves to "drive" and Matt will often take her out to the car just so that she can sit in the drivers seat and pretend to drive. So it came as no surprise when she fell in love with this ride. While waiting in line, she cried until we could get on the car. She happily hooked up and steered. It was a short ride, apparently too short for her and she let it be known. We weren't about to fork over another 4 dollars to ride again for 30 seconds, though (seriously) so we carried her crying out of the park. Good times!!
Thanks to Matt for making my Moms Day special. I got to sleep in till 8:30 AM, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch and The Host by Stephenie Meyer. All things I love and enjoy. Happy Belated Moms Day to all!
Now, for the BIG question of the week: COOK or ARCHULETA????
I say Cook.

6 comments:

KT and Lance said...

Reagan is a doll, she is soo dang cute! I always love reading your blog!!

kt

Melanie Hoopes said...

I'm guessing cook too - but I want Archuleta - lick those lips baby :)

Ashlee said...

Cook. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your adorable child. She looks so old to me. :(

Jeff said...

Dito to the unbearable heat! What is this, I thought California was supposed to be more moderate. Cook all the way

Rashole said...

Archuleta-has a much better voice and is a great performer for young teenagers. I could see Melanie going to his concert.

Terra said...

Such cute pics - I love the one of her upside down with Matt. It finally started heating up here in Utah but now they say it may SNOW on Thursday!?! What the he*#??? I'm ready to move. But I'm sticking with Archuleta.