I am deciding which title I would like to use to rename last night's Office finale. The fact that youtube caught Ryan being arrested for fraud is pretty awesome. And one of the best lines of the episode was delivered because of it: "His real crime was the beard." (I really got a laugh out of that because Matt is now growing out one. And yes, I like it!) At the same time, Kevin and Holly's charade over him being "special" was purely brilliant. I felt like I was watching our good old season 2 humor on that one. Nothing over the top, just subtle humor. Other special points on last night's episode:
*Hey Angela, who is the office mattress now?
I am so glad that Phyllis caught self-righteous Angela. I really hope she outs her, but I could also see Phyllis pulling a sly one and making Angela her personal slave or blackmailing her or something. At any rate, that last scene definitely left our mouths hanging open and made up for the fact that Jim didn't propose.
*You're killing me, Jim! You're killing me!
Andy cutting off Jim's proposal with his own was pretty funny. I think it is obvious now that Pam would have probably said yes, but now she is going to New York and I sure hope it doesn't change anything. I am glad Toby is out of the picture, too. He was a small roadblock for them.
*Jan and her catalog man
This was crazy. I wish the baby would have been Michael's, I think Jan heading to the sperm bank and picking out a "Hot" guy from a catalog was just really weird. I really hope she and Michael don't get back together this summer. Because...
*Yoda vs. Yoga
I SERIOUSLY love the play between Michael and Holly. I need more of that. They can now write Jan off the show and I would be happy because Holly already has a special place in my heart. I thought their bantering back and forth was so comical and I think Steve Carrell is a pure acting genuis. The way he could act all confident around her, then when she says something to throw him through a loop, his facial expressions are beyond words. I love it!
I am going to rewatch it right now!
2 comments:
Agreed that was a great finale!!! I laughed out lough so many times at Phillis and Kevin - I loved it!
So I totally think that Phyllis will blackmail Angela. Sad that Andy messed up the proposal... dang him! Jan is a pure jerk--I wish Michael hadn't agreed to go to lamaze with her... he going to get sucked right back in. And loved the Michael/Holly interaction. Classic. Oh! And the fact that she thought Kevin was "special"? HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment