We still didn't catch Oprah's Favorite Things, but here is a few of our favorite things for this year. If you want to see our list from last year (and a pretty fun picture of Reagan by our tree), click here.
Yoshidas Gourmet Sauce. We buy this in a huge bottle from Costco and I marinate a lot of our meat in it. My favorite is to marinade chicken and then bake it. It is also good with meatballs.
The Ipod Shuffle. Matt got one of these bad boys from his work as a gift last year and he has used it quite a bit. It is so nice how small it is. We don't own an Ipod, so this is it for us as far as Apple products go!
We have been using these for years! It is the California Scents car fresheners. I first smelled it in my friend Ruth's car so long ago and we have had one in our car since. The best scent is Coronado Cherry. Everyone asks us what that nice smell is in our car. I laugh because I have grown used to the smell and now I can't even smell it, but it must last forever. I only change it out a couple of times a year.
Men's Nike Low Cut Socks. Matt swore he would never wear low cut socks, but after getting him some this year, he thinks differently!
This is Reagan's favorite Christmas book: Snowmen at Christmas! We read it twice a day and she loves to help me turn the pages. It is a really cute book, even for adults.
The day after Thanksgiving, we were at Costco and saw a deal to upgrade our phone. We needed a new one badly and this is what we ended up with...a Blackberry Pearl. I am still trying to work out all the fun technical things because I am just not a gadget person. But it is a really cool phone with lots of extras. It also came with a bluetooth, which I am growing accustomed to using, but still feel like a weirdo talking to myself.
Catwalk Camera Ready Shiner and Defrizzer. This is the best stuff for my hair. I use it every day and I have super frizzy hair because I blow dry it. This stuff has been a tremendous help and even though it costs a pretty penny (for me), it is so worth it!
Suave Kids Orange Mango Shampoo. When Reagan washes her hair, I sniff her all night. This is about the yummiest hair shampoo I have ever smelled. And you really can't beat like a buck fifty a bottle either.
Another Reagan book! Good Morning, Good Night. We have read this almost every day (and night) for the last 12 months. I got it for her at Christmas last year. She loves to touch the fuzzy things in the book.
Vera Bradley travel organizer. Okay, to be honest, I do not own the Vera Bradley one. It is like almost 50 bucks and a little out of my comfy price range for something I only use for traveling. However, I did buy one right before we traveled for Thanksgiving this year, a cheapy at Bed Bath and Beyond (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=11898840&RN=529) and it really was nice. I am so used to throwing all my toiletries in my big suitcase and every time I shower, have to do Reagan's hair, brush my teeth, I have to go dig through that big suitcase. Not anymore! I bought a package of travel size containers for 99 cents at Walmart and was able to condense ALL mine, Matt's and Reagan's accessories and toiletries into the travel organizer. It saved me so much time. Basically, everything except clothes, shoes, and my curling iron and hair dryer were packed into it. Very much worth investing in.

2 comments:
this is the highlight of my holidays. I love this post I look forward to it :)
He, he, he...I am so glad I got you stuck on the car freshner. You are are not the only one.
I too LOVE the vera bradley organizer thing...heaven.
My mother in law just got me a cute little vera bradley wallet that is really small, but roomy. You should check it out...
Post a Comment