I have no problem with diapers right now. I would a million times over rather change messy and wet diapers all day than be stuck in traffic with a child who had to pee or poop or have to clean up accidents on the carpet and bed linens.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
What do I do now?
Matt and I have ABSOLUTELY agreed that we do not want to even attempt to potty train Reagan until next summer, after the baby is here and we have somewhat adjusted. But this is what she tries to do everyday. Everytime we use the bathroom, she takes her clothes off and wants to "go to the baf-woom." For me, that is like every 30 minutes. On the actual day I took this photo, we spent most of the morning with her just sitting on the toilet, then hopping off, only to get back on a minute later. She thinks she is pretty cute (and I admit it is.) You're probably asking yourself, why don't they just let her do it? Well, friends, she doesn't actually GO yet, she just sits there. And tries to take off her diaper every chance she gets. And she is obsessed with flushing the toilet. So she really may be ready, but it is still going to take a lot of work.
I have no problem with diapers right now. I would a million times over rather change messy and wet diapers all day than be stuck in traffic with a child who had to pee or poop or have to clean up accidents on the carpet and bed linens.
I have no problem with diapers right now. I would a million times over rather change messy and wet diapers all day than be stuck in traffic with a child who had to pee or poop or have to clean up accidents on the carpet and bed linens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have no suggestions for you... except that I think it's a good idea to wait until after the baby gets here. William wasn't even interested until he was 3 and it was WAY after James was born. But at the same time if she's ready it might be worth it!
I don't know Lacy, she might train faster than you think. Who knows. For me, I just planned on being home for 1 week (and yes, it's a messy week). I didn't go anywhere but just focused on potty training and that was all it took. It wasn't an easy week, but after that we were done with diapers!
I feel for you. Things are tough with 2 little ones. Especially if one is partially potty training. I say go all out and be all about it till she gets it since she is obviously ready. There seems to be no time to potty train once the baby gets here.
It sounds like she's interested in going. Just let her run around naked for a few days (with your heater running, it's getting cold out there!:) and see what happens. Oh, and lots of stickers work well too.
Post a Comment