Sunday, January 04, 2009

Master of Stalling




Reagan has officially mastered the art of stalling. It can take a really long time to get her in bed these days. Tonight was a classic example. Her biggest cue that we are going to put her in bed is when we say, "let's go sing songs." Usually she kind of complains and says, "no," but lately she has just started ignoring us. Like she will keep doing what she has been doing and pretend like we said nothing at all. When we finally coax her into her room, we read a couple of books, sing a couple of songs and have her turn out the light. She usually turns it on and off about two dozen times before I have to count to 3 to have her leave it off. Then she climbs into bed (I can't lift her and by golly, this chic knows how to get in and out of her crib) and after like 10 minutes of blowing kisses and singing Twinkle, I leave the room.
Tonight she was in there singing songs for a while. We heard "We are a Happy Family" at the top of her lungs and then she sang, "Do As I'm Doing" with the line "follow, follow me" edited to say (scream) "follow, follow REAGAN!" We thought that was funny, though. Then I hear, "Mommy, Mommy!" I go in and she says, "I need daddy." So I tell her dad will come in and give her another night-night kiss. So Matt goes in and she says, "Mommy..." and Matt asks me to go give her a kiss. When I went in, she says, "Daddy..."
This time I just gave her a kiss and closed the door. Good night, Reagan! As I type this, she is yelling at the top of her lungs "I SAID YES!" Matt taught her this in response to her saying, "I said no!" all the time. We thought that yes was a nicer word than no.
By the way, the photos above are of Reagan wearing her Minnie Mouse sunglasses as well as a little infant boys Nike shirt that is for her brother.

No comments: