Friday, January 02, 2009

Sledding

My first post of the year!!! Happy 2009 to all our friends and family. We just got back from our Christmas vacation to Utah and I am happy to say that I am still pregnant (almost 37 weeks)! Our flight out there was slightly painful for me. We were in one of those teeny tiny planes that should be illegal due to claustrophobia. It had 13 tiny rows and Reagan and I were in the 13th row. I was about 12 inches from the bathroom, but the worst part was my seat. I could not get comfortable and my back hurt like crazy and I couldn't lean it back or anything. Plus I had restless legs, of which I could do nothing about. The flight home was much better!! Still in the ridiculous-sized plane, but row 6 was much better and Reagan watched her DVD, I watched the Office on Matt's laptop and Matt read Harry Potter. I have so many fun pictures and stories to share.

We went sledding the day after Christmas. The first few days out there, it was SOOO COOOOLD! My goodness, we stepped off that plane and I about froze. We went sledding while out there, something I really wanted to do with Reagan. She actually liked it, but definitely wasn't used to being so cold. She was shaking and shivering, even in snow gear. We went to Kaysville Jr. High with Lance and KT's family and my parents. Here is the group on the hill!
Eli cracked me up because he would just lay in the snow and one time laid there face down. When he got up, he looked like this. He is so funny!
Matt, Reagan and I right before they went down the hill.
KT getting ready to push Autumn and Reagan down the hill.
Me and my two "hoes." Actually, they are my sisters, but since they refer to each other as "hoe," most of the family has started to as well. While out there, we actually asked Loni the official definition of a hoe. She gave me a few, but reassured me that the nicer definition is the one they use when referring to each other. On other words, I guess when you call someone your "hoe," you might actually be saying you really like them.
Matt and Reagan speeding down the hill.
Great finish Matt!
The grandkids in Grandpa's ice fishing boat. It worked great as a sled and many others at the school asked where we got it. I guess not everyone shops at Smith & Edwards.
I mostly watched from above, but I did take a small ride down the hill with Reagan. Not being wussy, it was really bumpy for me so I didn't go again. I was able to zip that jacket over my belly while first out there, but can't anymore!! All the chocolate and sweets really did me in.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the look on Reagan's face in the picture with all the grandkids. She's definitely a California girl!

Amy Schelin said...

My kids just saw this post and they are super jealous. It looks like fun to visit :) and then go back to warm California!