Tuesday, May 05, 2009

BYU

We went to our alma mater, BYU, while in Utah last week! I haven't been to campus since we moved back in 2004 and there have been many changes! The reason for going and the biggest change is this new addition to campus: The Gordon B. Hinckley building. I loved the building though it was an odd architecture for campus. More of a mansion than a building. But since it is the visitor and alumni center, I guess the design is fitting. One of the huge murals in the GBH building. The upper left photo is Matt's class, unfortunately he is not in the photo. He was too busy pen-fighting (aka flirting) with the girl next to him.
You'll here this from me more than once: the tulips in Utah this time of year are incredible!!We visited the BYU bookstore, where I just couldn't bring myself to spend so much on a Cougars hoodie. We also had some bookstore fudge.
Nolan and my mom
The princess's of the group: Emma and Reagan.
The two preggers and the coed: Cait, Lindsey, Loni.
Lindsey flashing her gang sign.Loni, the coed.
Oh yeah, I insisted on this one: eating at the Cougareat Food Court. It has been way too long since I had my spinach wrap with BYU ranch dressing. It was pretty good.
It is funny how old I felt walking on campus. Even though you wouldn't think it, we got lots of stares with the kids. Even so, I love this institution with all my heart and it was fun to visit!
Loni showed us her digs on the way out and we ate at her work, Fro Yo, the best frozen yogurt in Provo. It was pretty good, just wish they weren't out of chocolate! Here is our vanilla froyo with snickers on top, after we took a few bites, of course. Lonsters.

1 comment:

old Loni said...

dude seriously i look like such a fattie!! haha clearly i love food. seriously free food is the best thing known to man!