Wednesday, May 06, 2009

TBL

Did anyone else bawl their eyes out when Ron crossed the finish line last night on the Biggest Loser? Shoot, I don't even LIKE Ron, but I was blubbering like a baby. Again, SO grateful Matt is at mutual and not here to laugh at me.

What a fun season this has been. Watching these people change their lives is so incredible. I am especially touched as I watch the parent/child duos, such as Ron and Mike. I am happy to see that Ron takes 100% of the credit for making his children obese. I think that is a big problem in the world today. I won't forget when he said, "Instead of picking my kids up from school and taking them to the park to play, I took them out for pizza." While I definitely enjoy fast food on occasion, junk food, sweets, you name it, I also feel how important it is to make sure my children are active, healthy and have balance and know what good nutrition is. I will never deny them the fun of childhood, candy included, but I do want them to know that eating carrot sticks is a good choice for their bodies, as much as they fight it now.

My mom would never force fruits and veggies on us, but she always made them readily available. When we would eat dinner, there was always a salad or bowl of corn or peas, or something as a side and I have found that even though I didn't always eat it, that habit has followed me into adulthood and I *try my best* to do the same for my family.

Back to TBL: I am voting for Mike, for obvious reasons. I think he would be a very deserving winner (Tara the other, in my opinion), but I am wondering if maybe....just, maybe...he would fare better not being in the top 3? This is why: Tara is far ahead in the weight loss at this point and I doubt she will falter, she is a strong one. If she is game to win it, maybe it is better for Mike to be in the running for the at-home prize, because he sure as heck could snag it quite easily. He has been amazing!

All the contestants look great, just hoping that they don't take the weight-loss too far. Some are best as is. I don't want to see any anorexic looking people at the finale next week. That is reserved for the cover of US Weekly.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I keep forgetting to ask you about TBL. Nate and I tuned in near the end. Seeing Ron cross the finish line was pretty awesome! We were wondering why little brown guy (not racist, just don't know his name!) had to walk the marathon. Is he injured? Or was it because his teammate had to walk due to health issues? Just wondering.

I'm wondering how much more the two women can lose. It seems to me that they are both at pretty healthy weights nows, or at least close.

jeanine said...

So what did you think about the finale? After Helen weighed in I knew that Mike wouldn't beat her... I was just glad that she beat Tara!