Friday, October 02, 2009

Sorry, Matt

Ah, man. Matt turned 31 on September 19th and I failed to recognize him on the ol' blog. But let me tell you, it was a great day, if you don't count the mess that BYU made on the football field. I can't believe Matt is 31; not that that sounds old to me or anything. Maybe 5 years ago it sounded old, not so much now. Matt still has the youth of a 10 year old anyways. He just keeps on playing. I love him for that. Happy Birthday, Matt! We love you :)



Random Thoughts:

1. I am looking forward to Halloween trick or treating so much because I can't wait to go through Reagan's candy and pick out some good stuff.

2. Last friday we went on a date and ate at Claim Jumper. I was so starved at this point that I wolfed down a salad to start and ordered a huge bacon cheeseburger for dinner. Halfway through I felt sick and had the worst stomach ache ever. I went in the bathroom at Barnes and Noble later and threw it all up. I have never made myself throw up like this, but it felt so necessary because I didn't want to ruin our date with a stomach ache. I felt better afterwards :)

3. On the above date, we ordered my fav dessert there, the toffee mini cake. The server didn't realize they were out, so the manager came out a while later and offered another dessert for free. Even though our dessert we initially chose was like 3 dollars, I immediately blurted out, "Brownie Finale!" That one was like 11 dollars. I'll bet I looked like a total mooch, but it was truthfully the one that Matt was eyeing.

4. Reagan's nap situation is a no-win for us. She needs a nap still, but is up till 10pm when she gets one. It is torture trying to get her to take one, she usually crashes around 4pm. I would get rid of her naps, but when I did, she started waking up in the middle of the night crying. So frustrated...

5. I liked Bednar's talk this morning.

6. I am looking forward to watching New Moon on the big screen. I can't wait to see Edwardella in action.

7. I am really struggling losing the last of my baby weight. When I increase my exercise, my milk production drops too much. I don't have the self control to watch what I eat completely. I asked Matt the other day if he didn't mind me having some chub for another couple months and he just laughed at me.

8. Not being able to see my sister's baby in person is killing me. Her pictures are too cute for words.

9. It is barely October and I am already looking forward to the holidays like mad.

10. Nolan and Reagan take baths together and it is the highlight of their day. They just splash and laugh like crazy and everyone in the bathroom is drenched by end time.

11. Jim and Pam are getting married next Thursday in an hour-long Office special and I CAN'T WAIT!! I cried when I saw the promo that aired this week of them when Jim says, "I think I always knew I was waiting for my wife."

12. It has been a month since our Utah trip, but I still have some pics to share. We had a good time. Because we were there for almost 2 weeks, we got to spend some real quality time with family. Matt's parents, Lyle and Bev took us to dinner for our birthdays up to a wonderful restaurant in Morgan called Taggarts and I loved it. Might be my new favorite place to eat there:) Nah, still Cafe Rio, but this place was excellent. It is in the middle of the canyon, beautiful scenery and amazing french fries. I also got to go to Midway Swiss Days with my mom, sister and Nolan. We geeked out on all the crafty-things, but saved most of our money for the good food. A Navajo taco-worth the wait-some swiss cookies, kettle corn and caramel apples. It was hot as Hades, but we made it.

We had family photos taken at Layton Park for the Roundy side and as always, it was crazy and hectic. Our numbers are growing fast and trying to get everyone to smile at the same time, keep kids from wiggling and crying, you know how it goes. Reagan and Emma were so cute though, running around and playing together. It is so fun to see Reagan interact with cousins. She still talks about them.


Reagan and Matt's creation: a sandcastle in grandma Roundy's sandbox.
Loni had a birthday while we were there. Since she is a poor college student, we doted on her. We decorated her apartment in Provo, ate lunch at Olive Garden, then had some killer cupcakes at Sweet Tooth Fairy bakery. Everyone should try this place. It was worth the hype. We took home the cheesecake, key lime pie, strawberry shortcake and peanut butter chocolate.
Birthday girl and all you can eat soup, salad, breadsticks!
Since all Loni and her roommates think about are boys, they have some dumb posters up in their apartment. Matt took the liberty of "fixing" them for her.
BEFORE:
AFTER:My favorite:
My mom always jokes that she can tell when Matt has been in the house because he likes to turn over all the pictures, turn them upside down, etc. In this one, he put the life size cut-out of Zac Efron in time-out. I think the sign on Zac read, "I am jealous of Rob Pattinson."
We hit up the Country Barn boutique with Grandma Rasmussen and lucky Reagan walked out like a princess fairy!! She was tickled...
Lindsey and Nolan at the Midway Swiss Days. We were so tired by the end of the day, after taking turns carrying Nolan (too crowded for a stroller). That place was madness, we actually had to take a bus from the parking lot to the fair.

Having a Swiss Taco! I am glad Mom Ras recommended them, they were excellent. And huge, we all split one.

One of our days was spend visiting Lori, Robb and their family (thanks for the yogurt, Lori!), then we headed down to SF to see Mel and the fam. Lindsay and Jared came over for dinner and a game of Ticket to Ride. Jared and Aaron had their "game" faces on in the photo!
The kids played well together.
I took the picture right after Whitney said to me, "It's okay, Lace, you can go inside and I'll watch the kids."

Playing with some more cousins: Ashlee, Max and Reagan.
The weather was toasty pretty much the entire time, so one day we had Cafe Rio, went to Chuck E Cheese, got Rainbow's from Pace's and slip-n-slided in the backyard.

Nothing says Utah summer like a Pace popsicle.Grandpa Rasmussen and Nolan at the park.
Making cupcakes with Grandma.Here is Taggart's restaurant, what a beautiful setting!

The desserts were calling my name the whole time, "Eat me, Lacy!!" Not really, but they were a site for sore eyes.
Well, what a random as heck post this has been, and it only took me days, as the date will tell. But I am finding it harder and harder to post on the blog, so just bear with me. Love you all.

6 comments:

Amy Schelin said...

Looks like a blast. Wish we could have been there playing with you guys!

Michael Family said...

Um, what baby weight? You are totally skinny. Also, all those desserts look way yummy. And that is so funny that you barfed up a cheeseburger. (that's one way to control weight, right?)

old Loni said...

i felt it neccesary to comment and point out that our posters are sexy not dumb! however i did get a good laugh when matt put "I had a boob job" on beckham.

Merrill Family said...

I love reading your blog you crack me up about the food our minds must think alike and that dessert is calling my name too bad it too far away!

Laura said...

Love it! Love the random, love the photos. Next time you're in Utah, give us a call--would love to see you even if it's for a brief moment.

xoxo

Nanci said...

Love your random thoughts Lacy! You didn't tell me threw up the night we watched your kids! Bummer! But I'm glad you felt better. Also, this comment is from another blog post, when Reagan told you your hair isn't pretty anymore, that's too funny. One day Trey looked at me and said, "Mom, why did you make your hair look so ugly today?" I cracked up!