We headed up to Cabanas for breakfast. I have to tell you...I let my kids eat whatever they want because hey, they are on vacation! But I cringed at most of their meal choices. I don't think they ate a single piece of fruit or vegetable all week. They had fruit loops and donuts for breakfast (and a huge handful of bacon for Nolan) everyday. Now that we are home, it is like full detox for them :)
They wanted to head to the kids club right after breakfast so Matt and I wandered the ship a bit by ourselves. We played ping pong and basketball on the sports deck and took some photos off the back of the ship.
Around noon we docked in Key West. This tiny island off the southern side of Florida is mostly a tourist spot. Our view of Key West off the verandah.
We headed out after lunch to explore Key West. The shops were really cute and fun to look in and the kids enjoyed searching for keychains and magnets.
A few pics of the view of our ship off the pier.
The buildings and street were super cute. The roads were paved with brick in many areas and they had these conch train tours everywhere, which delighted Nolan.
We walked around the fishing boats and the kids posed for a photo with a monster made entirely of sponges.
The LOW was all the chickens wandering around. They really didn't bother us, but they were everywhere, including on the patios of restaurants and stuff. That is just gross.
After exploring for a few hours and growing tired of hearing the kids (ie Reagan) complain that they were tired from walking, hungry and thirsty, we headed back to the ship.
Dinner that night was at Lumiere's, which is a cute tribute to the character from Beauty and the Beast. The food tonight was so yummy. This ended up being my favorite restaurant (we dined here twice). The food this particular night was French inspired and I didn't think I would like it, but I did.
I ordered the cheesecake for dessert and it definitely tasted as good as it looked.
The show that night was Twice Charmed, a retelling of the original Cinderella. It was ok, but not my favorite of the week. The highlight of the night was the stingray towel art.
Another day down and the best is yet to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment