There were several character meet and greets that morning, so the kids got to meet a few. They had autograph books for them to sign. This ended up being one of their favorite things on board--meeting characters and collecting autographs.
I loved that the princesses took the time to chat with each child.
Matt and I laughed and laughed at this one of Nolan. The look on his face is priceless..."awwww yeah! I scored me a princess!"
Obviously, Anna and Elsa were extremely popular, so you actually had to reserve in advance a spot to meet them. Luckily, we got some tickets for this day.
We had lunch back in Lumiere's that day and to my total delight, key lime pie was on the menu. It sounded so good after exploring Key West the day before, so I ordered that and it was my favorite dessert of the entire week. We even ordered one more to go (the menus change every day, so you only see it once) and ate it later that day, haha!
The kids got cookie sundaes for dessert. Did I mention that you eat a lot on these cruises? A tip: pack larger clothes to head home in. The ones you came out in probably won't fit you. Or was that just me? ;)
After lunch we went to a seminar for the kids for Magic Dave. He is a magician that we saw the day before and he is so good! He taught them some cool magic tricks which Reagan and Nolan loved (and which Matt and I grew VERY weary of by the end of the trip).
On our way out after the magic show, we ended up in an elevator with Goofy! He was nice enough to pose with the kids for a pic.
We played in the pools and slides for a bit and I tried to get videos and pics of the kids coming off the slides.
Dinner that evening was in Animator's Palate, which was the most entertaining venue. Everything in the restaurant starts out in black and white, with light sketches on the walls. As the meal progresses, color is added to the restaurant and even the dining crew change into colored outfits. The sketches turn to full blown animation. Mickey makes a fun appearance.
Nolan branched out (a one time event for the week) and ordered fish for dinner. *applause*
I ordered the butternut squash soup and the filet for dinner. I took a bite of the filet before deciding to take a picture--lest you think that our dining crew was doing a little quality control :)
Raspberry chocolate cheesecake for dessert.
And of course, the towel art for the evening. Our stateroom host was a nice guy named Edy from the Philippines. He did a great job of taking care of our living space for us. Sometimes he left little surprises for the kids, like one night he took their pom poms from the sail away party and hung them from the mirror like streamers.
Disney does a tremendous job of making sure each guest is so taken care of. The cast on board ship is over 1000 people and you really can't walk down a hallway without a genuine smile and greeting from someone. They all called Nolan "prince" and Reagan "princess." By the last day, you've grown attached to these folks that you will never see again. One of the many many things that made this trip so memorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment