The first stop on our island tour was the Turtle Farm. The turtles in the tank pictured below were...no joke...HUMONGOUS! They length of each one was taller than Nolan.
Nolan didn't enjoy picking them up, but Reagan did!
A few other creatures at the turtle farm were these iguanas running around everywhere.
And the resident crocodile, whose name Smiley was proven a sure fit with this photo.
After we visited the turtle farm, our next stop was a place called Hell. It was this place with black rock formations that received its name because it does actually look like Hell.
After Hell, we asked our tour guide to drop us off at Seven Mile Beach, which is named as one of the best beaches in the world. He dropped us off and we went and swam at the beach for a couple of hours. Caribbean water is absolutely amazing. I grew up on the west coast and so I have been in the ocean a time or two, but this water was so unlike anything I have ever experienced. It was so CLEAR! And the temperature was perfect. And iridescent fish swam all around you. The kids loved it. I am sorry for the pic overload but we took so many and its hard to pick.
This port of call we had to tender. That means we don't have a dock and so the ship drops anchor a ways away from shore and we have to take tender boats back and forth. The kids enjoyed a Blue Raspberry sno cone before heading back on the tender boat. Can you tell? No evidence at all. :)
We were all so exhausted this day from the sun and surf that I didn't take any pictures of dinner and the show, thankfully was relaxing. We saw Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. And I won't regale how the entire rest of the trip my kids argued about how many words are in that title. It is 10 obviously. But Nolan refused to believe it, no matter how many times we counted it out. So I will include this photo of Nolan taken sometime this week when he attended the Toy Story Bootcamp at kids club. Yes, sir!!
Next post--Cozumel, Mexico!!

No comments:
Post a Comment