Thursday, June 05, 2008

Reaganator

Oh, how I love my little Reagan these days! She is talking more each day and just watching her little personality blossom is such a treat. We have our moments (and days) where she accrues 5 timeouts in a 20 minute period, but hey, someones gotta discipline.

Her hair is getting long, especially in the front. I need to trim her bangs, but I am sure not to do it right and I doubt she would let me anyways. So I watch her all day long brush her hair out of her eyes, as demonstrated below. I usually try to pull it back in a clip or pony, but not always.
I got out of the shower the other day to catch her doing this! She had gotten into my purse and pulled out all the diaper-changing essentials and was changing her baby's diaper! I was beyond impressed. The best part is--I didn't realize this until I saw the photo--that baby is clearly not the one in need of a diaper change!

Other things I love about Reagan these days:
She loves to ask "where dad go?" and usually asks me once an hour, at least. Normally when Matt is home, and not with Reagan, he is either sleeping or in the bathroom. So around noon she will ask me, "where dad go? In the bathroom?" I have to laugh at that one. I am trying to explain to her the concept that dad goes to work during the day, but it really hasn't clicked yet.
She has added lots of new words to her vocabulary. As described above, some new words are "sleeping" and "bathroom." She also knows "park" "bird" which actually sounds like "bup," and "flower." She likes to pull the flowers around the complex off and I am trying to teach her to just look and smell them, but again, hasn't quite grasped it yet! For now, I really hope that our apartment manager doesn't see her tearing apart the flower bushes.
We are going tomorrow to get her 2 year photos taken! I am excited and nervous and praying that she behaves and smiles! You never know how these things can turn out! Its been a year since we had her photos taken last.
She has a few favorite books that we read before nap and bedtime. We usually cycle through "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" "Good Morning, Good Night" "The Going to Bed Book" by Sandra Boynton, and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear." She knows the 5 Little Monkeys by heart and will bump her head when they fall off the bed and will wag her finger when the doctor says. "no more monkeys jumping on the bed." In the Going to Bed Book, she will brush her teeth using her finger and scrub her belly when they take a bath. She can point out the moon in the book as well, which was something we worked on for quite a few nights! After stories we say prayers and I am still taken back when she loudly proclaims "Amen!" at the end. She is really cute to watch when we "say prayers." She just leans against the chair and puts her head in her hands and will watch me. I say the prayer and she says "Amen." Someday she will be praying on her own! Then we sing songs and she can now sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Rockabye Baby." I seriously LOVE my bedtime routine with her. Its such a cozy and bonding time for us. If even one little thing is left out, then she is quick to remind me!

4 comments:

stacy said...

Lacy, can't believe how much Reagan is growing up! Sounds so fun! Wish we had kids...someday hopefully! Sorry to hear you can't make it to Laura's wedding. It would be fun! I just bought a plane ticket this week and hopefully I'm staying with Rebecca and her fam. We've been trying to come down to San Fran soon, but its been so busy! We did pass by your exit on the 680 to go/from santa cruz. hope all is well!

Terra said...

Reagan is so cute and seems to be so ahead of the game! Maybe her changing the baby doll's diaper is a sign that she's ready for a little brother or sister!?!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

DUDE the poopy diaper, CLASSIC!!! I laughed out loud, toooo funny. We are mom's we can't be on top of everything all the time!

Laura said...

What a crack up! I just love that little girl!