Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Parties

**Warning: I have officially entered the completely unphotogenic phase of pregnancy. I tried so many angles, so many backgrounds, I just couldn't get a break. Thanks for the mercy. If my brother Loren saw these photos, he would officially announce that I have a new "fat picture."**


Now, on to the positive :) We have been partying it up the last few weekends. We attended Matt's company party for Novogradac two weekends ago and had a good time. This is my one posh event out of the year. Thanks to Bethany for letting my borrow her dress, although it fit her a little better last year, I think :) The Novogradac event was held at the Ritz Carlton in downtown San Francisco and despite every Novie asking me for my signature on their Bingo card, it was my favorite venue. The food was pretty good. As usual, I pretty much licked my steak dinner plate clean.
Below is myself with Marisa and Bethany, a few of the Novie wives. We missed a few there (Laura and Miriam) and of course, I miss seeing Melissa Savage.

Matt with Warren and Thomas. Drunk on martinellis. If you want a fun account of the party and Matt's "bro-mance", check out the Sebra blog.

The best part of the night was not this photo below, although I really tried. It was when Matt continued his raffle winning streak and won the 50 dollar gift card to American Express. Doesn't Matt look great in a suit???

The next night we hit up our ward Christmas party. For the second time this year, Reagan sat on Santa's lap without any fear. Also for the second time this year: fried turkey!


Last Saturday night, we attended a dinner party our friends threw that involved a white elephant gift exchange of the tackiest Christmas sweaters you could find. I think the sweaters we got were the prize-winners (Marianne is the best).


Marianne and Kevin. Notice the "K" in the middle of Kevin's Christmas tree. Nice touch!Catherine and JasonThese are the sweaters we brought. I guess I forgot my Christmas spirit, as you can see they are not holiday-themed. But I think by the end of the night, Mike actually really liked his and I won't be surprised if he dons it on Christmas day. Thank you, Goodwill.

3 comments:

jeanine said...

The sweaters you got were for sure the tackiest. Lucky you!
And you are still looking great! I don't know what you're talking about...

KT and Lance said...

I liked Matt's sweater the best!! Can't wait to see you guys! Merry Christmas!

Melissa Savage said...

Merry Christmas! We miss all you Novies too. It was always so fun to have so many LDS co-workers and their fun wives! We miss that! Lacy, you look great by the way!