Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tales of a Bad Blogger

I was reading through some of my blog posts from last year and I realized that I am not as good of a blogger as I used to be. But I do have excuses!! They are legit and here they are:

1. I AM TIRED!!! Nolan doesn't sleep for long stretches at night, his longest is maybe 2 hours. He wakes up, smiles at me when I come to him, cries when I plug his binky back in and leave, cycle repeats many times throughout the night. He is still eating every 3 hours. On average, I maybe get 3-4 hours total sleep combined, all broken up in pieces! My body does well on adrenaline, but only for so long and the engine has started to exhaust itself.

2. I haven't taken any photos, because I haven't done much besides chill with my family around the house, mostly because I AM TIRED!

3. I have been watching many NCIS reruns while in my downtime. Love it, addictive, etc., but I have a wild imagination and often at night, when Nolan is finally sleeping and I should be, I am thinking of who may be the spy or double agent, where Abby gets her shoes, if Tony and Ziva will ever hook up. Every noise in my house makes me think there is an intruder breaking in to kill me or kidnap my children. I may have to put this show on hold for a while.

4. My house is a disaster. It is neevr fully clean and sometimes the clean laundry sits in the dryer for days at a time. So when I finally sit down to some free time, I really feel like I should be doing those things.

5. Nolan sleeps in our room during the day, so my free time is spent out of our room, thus out of the room with a computer. My sincere apologies go out to my friends on email as well as blogger.

Bottom line is, I am tired. I am open to any suggestions, encouragement, advice, etc. Nolan is 4 and a half months, but tonight I am starting to sleep train him. Is he a little young? Yes, probably. But it has become a necessity. So I may be a little more tired for the next little while until this gets better and I promise to update more frequently!

Love to all.

Ps If you do have an opinion on NCIS, such as maybe why Gibbs always does that silent, closed mouth stare, I am open to hear it.

6 comments:

old Loni said...

Well in just about two weeks you'll be seeing your three favorite people so that should cheer you right up!:) And when we come we'll help you with the nolster so that you can catch up on sleep!

a bunch of BS said...

Not too young at all to sleep train. You may not get the 10-12 stretch just yet, but you certainly should be able to get at least 6-8 out of him at this point.
-Bethany

Michael Family said...

Oh geez, send Regan over if you need a nap! I didn't realize Nolan didn't sleep that well, you always seem so put together! Definitely not too young to sleep train. I did my kids at 3 months (one more month to go with Anne!) Good luck!

Laura said...

Oh Lace! Hang in there! I am almost at the year mark with Josh and I can tell you it gets a better!...Other than the clean house - I can't seem to get that one down. :)

I really think these boys have a bit of a handicap in their sleeping arrangements. Josh didn't really start to sleep well until I broke down and moved the pack 'n play in and out of the room so he was sleeping in the same place for naps and night - especially when it got to the point he was rolling on the bed. It is yucky. But what else can we do?!?

For what it's worth, I think you are doing great! Even in utter- exhaustion mode, you are upbeat and put together. Please, please let me know what I can do to help. We love having Reagan come play! Hang in there!

Kelly said...

Lacy....box up the apartment, move to Utah, buy a big house, put Nolen in his own room, hire a nanny from 9pm to 8am. Problem solved. Zo

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh... this was me until Quincy was 8 months old! It was a whirlwind! You will not feel tired soon. Love those babies. They sure are cute!! :)