Our back patio is actually a really large "indoor" patio that is enclosed by a screen and covered. I think the actual term is a Florida room. I have a love/hate relationship with this area. It has great functionality. My kids love to play in it, it has that indoor/outdoor carpet and so it is soft and not cement. The doors keep them "inside" and the kitchen and living and family rooms all look out into it. There are two patio doors that lead out. It really is the perfect play area, especially for winter during rain and mud season.
But it has its drawbacks: it is UGLY! I cannot help but wince when I see it. I really resist the urge to tear up and toss all that blue carpet, get rid of those rain roofs, tear out the screen and make it a large outdoor patio to grill on and write with sidewalk chalk on. But I think for now it is staying just because my kids love it so much.
The other night for family nite, we went out and played baseball. The kids had a great time and it seemed to be the perfect arena for it, at least until we get our yard finished.
3 comments:
RIP THAT THING OUT! You will feel so liberated, I promise. But only when you're ready. Cause it really is an awesome play space for the kids.
I think it is awesome!!!! Especially if you still have backyard space. When summer is here you will hate it but in the winter when you all are stir crazy, you might wish you had it...at least for a year or two until school starts. Your dining room is gorgeous too! I can't wait to see more!
Looks like a lot of fun. I can't believe how big Nolan is. I particularly enjoy the semi-mullet-let him grow it until he's 4 like Reagan!
Post a Comment