Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Dining Room, still a work in progress

This is a room I am dying to get done, but cannot decide on. It is yucky, started out with wallpaper (remember this pic has previous owners stuff).

We tore that ancient stuff down and it took a REALLY long time. My mom was here for most of it and she helped a ton. Matt took an insane amount off too. It was brutal. Once down, my mom and I washed the walls with TSP, patched them up and we painted.Like I say, still working on this one, but it will be BLONDE on top, with a chair rail and white beadboard eventually underneath the chair rail. We have a new light fixture to replace the fan and it is WAY cute! My mom and I hummed and hawed at Lamps Plus before finally deciding. We will be putting drapes over that door/window thing too for more privacy.

The floors will eventually be replaced with wood, but not for a bit I think. That pantry is yucky inside, we tore it out and will be putting new shelving in.

2 comments:

stacy said...

I can't imagine why you didn't want to keep that wallpaper up. Sounds like lots of dreaded work. I have just a border of wallpaper in our bathroom I want to take down (with moulding on each side) and I've been putting it off for, well 3 years. Its in the guest bath which doesn't get used a whole lot and I forget about. We may attempt some beadboard in our dining room too, but then again maybe not. Don't have as much HGTV knowledge as you do.

Melissa Savage said...

Yay! I'm glad you got pictures up! We're excited for you and your new house! Looks like a lot of work, but you're making it look awesome!