Our current project is installing laminate floor throughout the hallways, entryway, kitchen/dining and family rooms. Basically anywhere where there isn't carpet. It is a HUGE job! But it looks fantastic. We have the kitchen and dining done and Matt has almost done the entryway.
Here is the dining before

Here is the after:

I just love how the floor brightens the room. A few disclaimers: we have a fourth chair, but it is in our garage serving as a stool. Our garage has been temporarily turned into a wood chopping and sawing haven. Sawdust everywhere. We will eventually have our garage back when these floors are done! Disclaimer 2: I only have 1 set of blinds on the back door thing because I wanted Matt's opinion before I installed both. It is a yes. And I am realizing that I don't have a shot of the light fixture in the after photo. My mom wanted to see it, sorry mom I will take another shot and post it. Again, no wall art, no window treatments, etc. It is a work in progress :)
This is a before (with owners stuff) of the family room.

This is what it looked like tonight. Because we will be doing the laminate floors in here as well, I wanted to paint it. So I did that yesterday and today. We will get new blinds for the 2 windows and patio door. Our new couches are arriving this week! The fireplace is still ug, but I think I am going to try and make it work. I don't think we can handle another huge project right now and removing or refacing that thing will do us in. Don't you love the green though?
2 comments:
I love that green color! And the flooring looks great.
Love seeing the progress!!! So exciting! You guys must be putting in some serious hours! ITS LOOKING GREAT!!! I am seriously so done with trying to pick the new paint colors for our living and dining rooms. My deadline is this weekend. I have one color but not the other. Ugh! So ready to be done with it. I love the green too. Hey just a suggestion, take it or leave it but I'd suggest painting the angled wall/ceiling part so that your wall looks higher. In the hundreds of hours of blog reading I've put in that seems to be the consensus of what people do. And as far as the fireplace goes what do you think about white? What are the other colors of this room going to be? You can just wash the brick with tsp really good and then paint it. We just did this with my parents to freshen up the white color they had. Check out the blog Young House Love. Their whole den is brick walls and they did a great job in changing it up with just paint.Is there any sort of mantle to set things on the top there? You could probably build one easily with a wood overhang. I know you don't need any more ideas. I think to keep with the airy feeling white brick or a light beige/taupe and white window coverings with natural bamboo/wood blinds. I have white fabric panels on our windows from Ikea and love them. I think it was only $19 a set. DID YOU ASK FOR MY OPINION??? HAHA, Hopefully you love me and only take it with a grain of salt!
Post a Comment